Located at the south end of the parking lot at the Sidney Mathias Metra Train Station
835 Commerce Court
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Turf Restoration Project
Beginning Monday, April 18, we will be shutting down the north half of the large dog area, as well as the main entrance gate for turf restoration. It will be closed until Friday, May 20. Park users will still have access to the small dog area, and the back half of the large dog area. Entry into the large dog area will be at the second entrance, next to the dog wash area.
Beginning, Monday, May 23, we will be shutting down the south half of the large dog area until Friday, June 17. We will adjust the gate entrances so users have access to the small dog area, and the front half of the large dog area.
Sunrise to Sunset
The dog park will be closed every Monday from 12 – 3 pm for maintenance.
To report acts of vandalism and/or hazardous park conditions, please contact Tim Howe at 847.850.2163.
The dog park is now open to Buffalo Grove Park District residents and nonresidents. All dog park users must purchase a permit before entering the dog park.
Permits are available for purchase at the Alcott Center. You can download the annual or daily use permit and return it in person at the Alcott Center for processing. Dog Park permits are only issued at the Alcott Center from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, and can be mailed upon request. If those hours are not convenient, we will try to make arrangements for you to come in on a weekday evening when someone can be here to process your permit. Please fill out the form below if you would like to try to come in after hours.
In order to purchase a dog park permit, you will need to provide a copy of the current rabies vaccination record for each dog.
Free parking is available at the south end of the Sidney Mathias Metra Train Station, located at 835 Commerce Court in Buffalo Grove.
Out of consideration for residents in the neighborhood just west of the dog park, we ask that all dog park users refrain from parking on neighborhood streets and only use the parking lot at the Sidney Mathias Metra Train Station.
Dog Park Rules – Ordinance 1.12
For everyone’s safety and enjoyment, you and your dog are required to adhere to the following while visiting the Buffalo Grove Park District Happy Tails Dog Park. Permits are nontransferable and nonrefundable. Permits may be revoked and/or fines charged for any rule violation.
1. Park hours are from sunrise to sunset. Patrons will use the park at their own risk.
2. Alcoholic beverages and smoking are not permitted.
3. All dogs must wear a collar displaying a current rabies tag and the Buffalo Grove Park District dog tag, or the owner must have valid daily use permit.
4. Children under the age of 10 years old are not permitted in the dog park at any time. Children 10 – 17 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
5. Children should not run or chase after dogs. Never pet a dog unless the dog’s owner has granted permission.
Control & Behavior
1. Dogs visiting the park must be at least 4 months old.
2. Dogs that are ill or in heat are not permitted.
3. Rawhide or food are not permitted, as dogfights might result.
4. Aggressive dogs are not permitted. Handlers/owners must remove their dog(s) at the first sign of aggression.
5. Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park. Once in the dog park, the leash may be removed;
however, the handlers/owners must have a leash in their possession at all times.
6. Handlers/owners are responsible for controlling their dog(s) and must maintain visual and voice contact with their animals at all times. Handlers/owners may be legally responsible for any injuries or damage caused by their dog(s).
7. There shall be no more than 3 dogs per handler/owner.
8. Pinch, choke chain and spike collars must be removed from the dog(s) prior to entering the dog park.
9. Handlers/owners are subject to a $75 fine for failure to pick up and properly dispose of their dog’s waste.
Dog Park Sponsors: