Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at the Buffalo Grove Park District
At the Buffalo Grove Park District, we are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where all individuals feel valued, respected and empowered. We believe that embracing diversity in all its forms enhances our collective strength, and contributes to a more vibrant and innovative community. Our commitment to DEI is deeply rooted in our core values and is reflected in every aspect of our work.
We recognize and celebrate the unique perspectives, backgrounds, experiences and identities that each individual brings to the Buffalo Grove Park District. We actively seek to create a space where people of all races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, abilities, ages, religions, and socio-economic backgrounds can thrive and contribute to our mission.
We are dedicated to promoting equity by identifying and addressing systemic barriers that may disproportionately affect certain groups. Our goal is to ensure that everyone has equal access to opportunities, resources and growth within the Buffalo Grove Park District. We strive to eliminate biases and create an environment where fairness and justice prevail.
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. We aim to foster an inclusive culture, where everyone’s voice is heard, valued and respected. We actively promote open dialogue, collaboration, and the sharing of diverse perspectives to create an environment where individuals feel comfortable being their authentic selves.
- Regularly assess our practices, policies and procedures to identify and address any potential biases and inequities.
- Provide ongoing DEI education and training to our team members to ensure a deep understanding and commitment to these principles.
- Actively engage with and seek input from our employees, customers, partners and community members to continuously improve our DEI efforts.
- Hold ourselves accountable for maintaining a welcoming and inclusive environment, where everyone can reach their full potential.
- Provide the opportunity for the community to communicate their needs and concerns regarding DEI.
- Coordinate with the other entities within Buffalo Grove to promote and celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion.
At the Buffalo Grove Park District, we firmly believe that embracing diversity, equity and inclusion enriches our organization, and contributes to a more just and equitable society. We invite you to join us on this journey as we work together to create a world where everyone can thrive and succeed.
Please share any ideas, suggestions or concerns regarding diversity, equity and inclusion. Provide your name and contact information if you would like someone from our staff to respond. You may also reach out directly to our diversity, equity and inclusion contact, Mike Terson, at 847.850.2116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.