Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the Buffalo Grove Park District
We commit to increasing diversity, which is expressed in myriad forms, including race and ethnicity, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, language, culture, national origin, religious commitments, age, ability or disability status, and political perspective.
We commit to actively work to challenge and respond to bias, harassment and discrimination. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight or veteran status.
We commit to pursuing deliberate efforts to ensure that the Buffalo Grove Park District is a place where differences are welcomed, different perspectives are respectfully heard, and where every individual feels a sense of belonging and inclusion.
Overall Initiative Goal
Buffalo Grove Park District is developing our programs and facilities to better fit the needs of our community through the lens of diversity, equity and inclusion.
This is how we propose to meet this goal:
- Develop an internal process for identifying needs in programs and facilities.
- Research, create and facilitate staff trainings revolving around self-actualization of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Implement a diversity, equity and inclusion handbook, which includes resources for staff.
- Provide opportunity for the community to communicate their needs and concerns regarding diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Coordinate with the other entities within Buffalo Grove to promote and celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion.
Please share any ideas, suggestions or concerns in regards to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Please provide your name and contact information if you would like someone from our staff to respond.