The Park Board is composed of 5 non-paid commissioners elected by Park District residents and is the legal governing authority through which the business of the District is conducted. Park Commissioners serve a 4-year term and the board is primarily a policy-making body that reflects the needs and interests of all taxpayers in the Park District. Residents are encouraged to take part in the Board’s decision-making process by attending Board meetings on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 6 pm at the Alcott Center. Once the Park Board Meeting has adjourned, all Board members return to their roles as citizen and taxpayer. It is only the Park Board, acting at a legally constituted meeting, which has the authority to establish or change policy, sign agreements or award contracts. The Park Board has appointed a professional staff to manage the operation of the District on a daily basis. Citizen complaints should be directed to the staff and only if the problem cannot be resolved at that point should the citizen approach the Park Board at a legally constituted meeting.
Dr. Larry Reiner
Meeting Agenda & Packet
There will be 3 Buffalo Grove Park District Commissioner positions for 4-year terms open for election in the April 4, 2023 consolidated election. Individuals interested in running for a position as a Buffalo Grove Park District Commissioner in this election can pick up petitions at the front desk of the Alcott Center, located at 530 Bernard Drive in Buffalo Grove.
The Alcott Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm.
The circulation period for petitions is September 20, 2022 to December 19, 2022.
Those interested in running for a Buffalo Grove Park District Commissioner seat must be a United States citizen, be 18 years old by April 4, 2023, and have been a resident of the Buffalo Grove Park District for at least 1 year prior to the election.
For additional information, contact Ryan Risinger, executive director of the Buffalo Grove Park District at 847.850.2122 or email@example.com.
Petitions can be filed at the Alcott Center, located at 530 Bernard Drive in Buffalo Grove during the following hours:
|Monday, December 12 – Friday, December 16||8:30 am – 5 pm|
|Monday, December 19||8:30 am – 5 pm|
If there is a need for a ballot order lottery for simultaneous filers, that will take place at the Alcott Center on Tuesday, December 20 at 9 am.
Park District Status
The Buffalo Grove Park District was incorporated in September 1969. It is a local government entity completely separate from any other governmental authority. The Park District has the power to levy taxes within its prescribed limits, and possesses all of the powers of a public corporation.
In January 1990, the Park Board approved a change in the format to include a consent agenda. This agenda consists of proposals and recommendations that, in the opinion of the Secretary of the Park Board, will be acceptable to all members of the Board. The purpose of this agenda is to save time by allowing one roll call vote for all items instead of separate votes on each item. Generally, items on the consent agenda have been discussed at Committee of the Whole meetings or are routine matters. The procedure followed by the Park Board in its use of the consent agenda is as follows:
- When the consent agenda is reached on the Park Board meeting agenda, residents are invited to address the Park Board concerning consent agenda items.
- Any Commissioner wishing to discuss an item on the consent agenda may request that the item be removed and placed on the agenda under new business.
- At the time of roll call, a Commissioner may vote either “aye” or a “nay” vote.
- One roll call vote is taken which covers all items on the consent agenda.
Board Meeting Minutes
- August 22, 2022 Board Meeting
- July 25, 2022 Board Meeting
- July 11, 2022 Special Board Meeting
- June 20, 2022 Board Meeting
- June 8, 2022 Special Board Meeting
- May 23, 2022 Annual Meeting
- April 25, 2022 Board Meeting
- April 25, 2022 Public Hearing
- March 28, 2022 Board Meeting
- February 28, 2022 Board Meeting
- January 24, 2022 Board Meeting
- December 13, 2021 Board Meeting
- December 13, 2021 Public Hearing
- November 22, 2021 Board Meeting
- October 25, 2021 Board Meeting
- September 13, 2021 Board Meeting
- September 13, 2021 Special Board Meeting
Workshop Meeting Minutes
- August 22, 2022 Workshop Meeting
- August 8, 2022 Workshop Meeting
- July 25, 2022 Workshop Meeting
- July 11, 2022 Workshop Meeting
- June 20, 2022 Workshop Meeting
- May 23, 2022 Workshop Meeting
- May 9, 2022 Workshop Meeting
- April 25, 2022 Workshop Meeting
- April 11, 2022 Workshop Meeting
- March 28, 2022 Workshop Meeting
- March 14, 2022 Workshop Meeting
- February 28, 2022 Workshop Meeting
- February 14, 2022 Workshop Meeting
- January 24, 2022 Workshop Meeting
- January 10, 2022 Workshop Meeting
- December 13, 2021 Workshop Meeting
- November 22, 2021 Workshop Meeting
- November 8, 2021 Workshop Meeting
- October 25, 2021 Workshop Meeting
- October 11, 2021 Workshop Meeting